This just in from the Texas Music Office:
A class called “How To Market & License Music For Film & TV” is being offered this Thursday (6.17.10) at HCC’s Spring Branch campus at 7pm.
Here’s more info:
With declining record sales, the focus on placing music in film, TV and other media has skyrocketed. Song placement is the new radio. We have invited three experts to face off in a live negotiation of key deal points in a music license agreement. We will discuss marketing music for film and TV, how to make it more attractive to buyers, where to find them and how to put yourself in line for the best deal.
NARIP’s program de-mystifies deal-making and enables the lawyer and non-lawyer alike to come away with a clear grasp of the most important deal points and leverage available. Better than merely READING about it, see the deal duked out and DONE right before your eyes. Most importantly, you will see HOW a music license deal is negotiated and be involved in the process. Get educated about the art of deal-making!
YOU WILL LEARN:
The right time to make a deal and major areas of negotiation, including:
– Fee ranges
– Things to avoid
– Closing the deal
– Making the pitch: necessary elements
– What music buyers such as music supervisors, ad agencies and gaming companies really look for
– How to increase the impact and marketability of music
Sample agreement provided.
ATTN ATTORNEYS: This event has been approved for 2.5 MCLE credit hours.
With Guest Speakers:
– Tracy Matthews, COO, Exclusive Solutions Management
– Al Staehely, Esq., Music Lawyer
– Barry Coffing, NARIP Houston Director, Founder MusicSupervisor.com
More information at www.narip.com.